Lake City Port Authority is here to help your business succeed in Lake City, Minnesota.
How We Can Help
• Gather the research and information you need to make smart business decisions
• Provide leads on available real estate and locate the sites and buildings that are right for your needs (industrial or commercial property)
• Coordinate with City Planning Department to evaluate zoning, allowed uses, and permitting to ensure the simplest process for your development project
• Identify area suppliers to source parts or services locally
• Help you apply for relevant financial incentives, including but not limited to business grants, tax credits, tax breaks, loans, forgivable loans, and job training funds
• Coordinate with municipal services and utilities to keep your project moving on the fast track
• Connect you to workforce development resources, including job training programs that prepare or build the skills of your workers
• Identify and coordinate available technical assistance programs
• Connect you to business information sessions, entrepreneurial development programs, and opportunities for professional growth
• Connect you with resources for sustainable development programs, including energy efficiency assessments, energy rebates, and energy management tools
Rethos Downtown Assessment
Through a grant from the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation, the Lake City Chamber of Commerce welcomed Rethos to conduct a comprehensive assessment of Downtown Lake City in 2022. After spending multiple days in the community conducting resident interviews and holding stakeholder focus groups, as well as garnering survey responses from over 600 residents, Rethos staff analyzed the data they collected. The document resulting from this analysis, as well as the raw survey results data, are now published and available for all to view.
The Assessment document identifies Lake City’s assets and challenges and provides a roadmap to future Main Street vitality and success. The Chamber is working with community stakeholders, including the City of Lake City and Lake City Port Authority, to create an action plan to implement recommendations and maximize the opportunities for Lake City’s downtown. Follow along with all three entities as updates on their progress towards these goals are provided!
Demographic Survey Findings
Downtown Habits Survey Findings
Downtown Future Survey Findings
Properties & Opportunities in Lake City
Data Practices Policy