Ways We Can Help
- Business Finance Evaluation
- Price Evaluations & Adjustments
- Marketing Assistance
- Demographic & Market Information
- Resource Connection
- One-on-one Business Training
- Workforce Development
- Succession Planning
- Expansion Site Selection
- Business Loans
Reach out to our business specialist, Ben Strand at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Christmas by the Lake: Storefront Decorating Contest
Registration Now Open!
Register your business now to participate in the first annual Christmas by the Lake: Storefront Decorating Contest! How it works:
- Business are asked to register as a participant by Friday, September 29th.
- Businesses will be asked to have their storefront windows decorated by Friday, November 24th. Maps will be created, showcasing where all decorated storefronts are located. The 2023 theme is Nutcracker – get creative with your decorations!
- Voting will open on Saturday, November 25th and close on Saturday, December 9th. Community members will be asked to vote once for their favorite storefront!
- Once voting closes, the business with the most votes will be the 2023 winner! The wining business will receive a holiday-themed trophy and bragging rights. One lucky voter will also receive a gift card to the winning business. No gift card? No problem! The Port Authority will work with you to determine an alternative prize.
To register, email Cailin Richard at email@example.com by Friday, September 29th.
This contest was made possible through a partnership between the Lake City Port Authority, Shops of Lake City group and Lake City Chamber of Commerce. Funding was provided through a Small Town grant from the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation (SMIF). Thank you to all of the fiscal and community partners who are helping beautify Lake City during the holidays!
Distributing Business Information
Upcoming Business Trainings & Events
$40,000 Maximum SCDP Assistance
|5-Year SCDP Deferred Loan/Grant||65%|
|Low-Interest SCDP Loan||15%|